Friday, July 21, 2006

Over 200 families were represented today!

I am usually a little nervous speaking in front of people, but something happens when I am speaking to the GFR family. I can feel the Holy Spirit guiding me and leading my thoughts and words. I feel at home with these hearts.
God wanted me to speak about sharing and giving to those in need. I told them they were no longer the poorest of the poor. I shared the heart of Jesus with them, that they needed to be extra generous, and share above and beyond to show their neighbors, enemies, and strangers LOVE IN ACTION. In James 3, James talks about telling the poor person who comes in our church that we will pray for them and to go in peace, God bless you...and blah blah blah. All fluffy words. In Corinthians, Paul says with out love, we are just a clanging gong. So I told them it is not just the Muzungu's resonsibility to sacrificially give, but that they can in their own ways, be it a baby goat, some eggs, a chicken, a baby pig, or lamb, or maybe some extra beans from their harvest...to show the Love of Christ through generosity to others.
The crowd listened well, and at times said outloud, yes we need to do this.
After speaking to them about tithing to their local church, and sharing with their neighbors, I called up the Pahlow Children Theater Team... Posted by Picasa

No comments: